AMS Hayley - Design & Fit-Out
How we helped
We recently completed the design, management and fit-out of a new 16,000 sq ft office and warehouse facility for industry supply specialists AMS Hayley Derby.
The company, which is part of Hayley Group, currently stocks an extensive range of components and consumables including bearings, seals, power transmission, drives, lubricants, PPE, and tools at its trade counter at Riverside Industrial Park.
The addition of a new building at Ivygrove Development’s Dunstall Park scheme off Ascot Drive will enable it to cope with increasing demand and exponential growth.
The project involved three speculative base build commercial business units at Dunstall Park in Derby.
We worked closely with the AMS management team to deliver a new facility that would accommodates all aspects of the company’s operations – from office space to warehouse and logistics.
The multi-faceted interdisciplinary project was meticulously planned to ensure that all aspects of the design were catered for as well as accommodating several on-project amendments and additions. DSP (Interiors) Ltd undertook the roles of principal designer and principal contractor including managing the F10 and building control submission.
The new facility at Dunstall Park will enable AMS Hayley Derby to streamline its operations, optimise storage and improve overall efficiency.
Key features included:
- The design and fit out of three speculative base building units to create a multi-functional workplace that will support the myriad of company processes.
- The installation of two large mezzanine floors including multiple staircases to double the office space, creating a complete first floor and a second storage floor to accommodate expanding shelving storage and additional offices.
- The creation of an office block to create a variety of spaces comprising offices, meeting rooms, open plan offices, welfare facilities and a large agile workspace.
- The installation of a number of features including super high-resolution graphic walls incorporating biophilic nature landscapes, acoustic timber slat panels, coloured acoustic ceiling tiles and a feature TV surround to the boardroom, complete with programmable halo LED lighting.
- Space planning, interiors, system design and specification
- Installation of mezzanine flooring to create a complete first floor.
- Installation of a storage mezzanine within the warehouse to increase parts storage.
- Installation of fire stopping, fire compartmentation, suspended ceilings, dry-lining and joinery.
- Installation of glazed and solid partitions.
- Installation of bespoke flooring, decorations, and graphic walls.
- Installation of air-conditioning, fresh air ventilation, lighting, power, data, fire alarm, intruder alarm, CCTV installation and door access systems.
- Installation of coloured acoustic ceiling tiles and feature lighting
- All electrical and mechanical works.
- Specification and installation of bespoke furniture
- Installation of toilets and kitchens
- Installation of large fast action doors to the external roller shutter
A new timelapse video has been produced, showing the AMS Hayley project from concept to completion –click the link below to check it out: https://www.dsp-solutions.co.uk/major-design-fit-out-project-ams-hayley